May 13, 2008

Florida Pie


This weeks Tuesday with Dorie recipe is Florida Pie chosen by Dianne of Dianne's Dishes.

I was looking forward to making this pie and everything was set for me to make this successfully and then i made one little change which threw everything off.
At the last minute i decided to change the pie plate i was using.....and didn't realize the one i chose was way bigger and deeper. (so my layers are very squat)
Once i made the crust and pressed it into the pie dish it looked like it wasn't enough so i doubled the recipes (now i have too much crust)
After two failed attempts at the meringue topping i decided to just use a tub of cool whip (the layer is very thin - i should have used two tubs)

Even after adding the cool whip to the top there was still so much crust since the pie dish is deep so i just took a fork and scraped it down onto the sides.

I wish i had some more limes to put some sort of decoration in the middle.

Visit the Tuesdays With Dorie blogroll to see other Florida Pies!


Next week: Traditional Madelines
Last Week: Peanut Butter Torte

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

I made mine in a springform pan and right before I was about to put the meringue on it, I suddenly wondered what I'd been thinking. I can't put the 3" springform under the broiler when the meringue won't even reach the top!
Ah well.
The main thing is - how did you like the taste?

Heather B said...

despite your troubles, your pie looks great! I bet it was tasty!

Nina said...

It still looks pretty and I'm sure it was tasty too! Nina @ Love Sweet Love)

mimi said...

aw, too bad about all the changes! but it still came out looking great!

Bumblebutton said...

Looks nice...I can't believe it held ALL that stuff! Hope it tasted yummy.

CB said...

Bummer about all the complications but your pie still looks yum!
Clara @ I♥food4thought

Anonymous said...

Sorry about your frustrations. Hopefully you liked it.

Christine said...

Did it taste good? Mine came out to tarty. I think your pie looks great

Anonymous said...

It's allready a nice decorative touch the way the crust comes up to fold back over the pie!

Gretchen Noelle said...

I think I like the folded over crust as well. It is unique!

Natalie said...

I really like the graham cracker crust/bits on the top. I wish I'd made a thicker crust on mine. :)

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry you had so many troubles with the pie. I hope you enjoyed eating it though. :)

Melissa said...

Hey, cool whip can solve lots of problems!

Jaime said...

sorry you had some trouble with it, but it tasted great right?

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio